- 1 Features and Benefits of Polyester Insulation
- 2 How Insulation Works
- 3 Our Range of Polyester Insulation
- 4 Testimonials and Projects
- 5 FAQ
- 5.1 How much money can I save if I install Insulation?
- 5.2 What is your Insulation made from and where is it made?
- 5.3 Why is Polyester Insulation the Healthiest on the market?
- 5.4 Why is Polyester Insulation the “Greenest” on the market?
- 5.5 Why is your Insulation so Durable and Long Lasting?
- 5.6 What Thermal Insulation rating and product is right for my needs?
- 5.7 Why is Polyester Insulation so Safe to Install and how do I install it?
- 5.8 Can you tell me about your Installation Service?
- 5.9 How do you clean out the old Insulation from my roof?
- 5.10 What are the Fire Resistant Qualities of your Insulation?
Features and Benefits of Polyester Insulation
- Is the simplest, most effective way to make a house more energy efficient by keeping it cooler in summer and warmer in winter
- It will pay for itself as it saves money by reducing your heating and cooling costs by up to 30%
- We proudly sell Australian made premium quality polyester thermal and acoustic insulation
- Environmentally sustainable being made from 80% recycled content and 100 % recyclable
- Polyester Insulation is non-toxic with no harmful chemicals and safe to handle
- So you can save even more money by installing it yourself
- One of the greenest insulation products on the market which has Ecospecifier Certification
- Our insulation can be expected to last the full lifetime of your property
Low Energy Living has extensive experience in the insulation industry and we were one of the “handpicked” Companies to be involved in the audit of properties for the Government’s Home Insulation Safety Program. So you can rest assured that you are in the best of hands.
How Insulation Works
- Keeping a home cool in summer and warm in winter is the key to home comfort
- Thermal insulation reduces the need for cooling and heating which saves you money as you reduce energy costs
- Heat flows from warmer to a cooler spaces. In winter the heat flows from heated areas to adjacent cooler areas. In summer the heat will flow from outdoors to the house interior
- Insulating ceilings, walls and floors provides an effective resistance to the flow of heat
To save energy and reduce heating and cooling costs always aim to have good passive design as well as adequate insulation. You may also like to refer to our tips on energy saving. Beat the soaring electricity prices and save power by combining radiant floor heating or radiant Nobo panel heaters with our whole house fan cooling system for an energy efficient, healthy and environmentally friendly alternative to reverse cycle air conditioning.
Our Range of Polyester Insulation
- Used in roofs, ceilings and walls for both residential and commercial projects
- Its resistance to heat transfer is measured by R-value
- Polyester insulation does not shed dangerous fibres like fiberglass so it is recommended for ceilings with recessed down lights which create openings into living areas
- The thermal bonding process used in manufacture of our insulation ensures that the fibres do not break down like some forms of bulk insulation that use chemical binders therefore our insulation is extremely durable
- The strong polyester fibre gives superior thermal insulation and also reduces sound as it has noise insulation properties performing far better than fiberglass insulation
As our premium polyester insulation performs so well it has been used in many major building projects such as the CSIRO Joint Research Laboratories, Ryde, Mirvac Apartments, Newcastle,Norwest Private Hospital, Bella Vista and Rouse Hill Shopping Centre.
- Designed to bring you quiet comfort in your home or workplace and is extremely versatile
- Easy to install in wall or floor cavities
- Superior noise control in residential and commercial buildings and can be used in a variety of applications such as an office or home theatre
- Designed to minimise the effect of noise within a room or the transfer of noise between rooms and in the process also provide you with some degree of thermal insulation
- These products have exceptional acoustic values that have been tested to Australian standards in a NATA accredited laboratory
Because of its superior performance the acoustic insulation we sell has been installed in many major projects such as the ABC Studios, Ultimo and Sydney International Airport.
Flexible Insulation Blankets
- Developed to enhance the thermal rating and low frequency acoustic performance of light weight walls and ceilings such as noise from rain and traffic
- If properly installed will not deteriorate over time
- It is used in commercial and residential developments and is particularly well suited to concealed clip fixed metal roofing and cladding systems
- When laminated with a reflective foil building blankets provide a vapour barrier to condensation under metal roofs, walls and under concrete slabs
Pipe Lagging, Flexible and Rigid Ducting and Filter Media
- Will lower energy costs and improve air quality.
- Lead to easy maintenance
- Are used in residential, commercial and industrial projects
Testimonials and Projects
Dear Tim and Gill I recently had Tontine Insulation installed in my home by your Company and I am writing to say what wonderful service I received from start to finish. You deserve to be very proud of your team at Low Energy Living as everyone was helpful, polite and courteous delivering the kind of service not often seen nowadays. Thank you once again for a job well done and at look forward to saving money on energy costs now.
I just wanted to say how pleased I am with the install of my Insulation. Being a severe allergy sufferer I was looking for insulation which did not contain any nasty chemicals or toxins. I was so pleased when I found your Company as it feels great to have good rid of the old fibreglass insulation from my home and to have replaced it with Tontine polyester insulation which is such is a great product. Thanks for a job well done I will be in touch soon as I am now very interested in your whole house cooling fan which is a much healthier alternative to air conditioning.
We felt we needed to write and commend you on the excellent service we recently received when you installed some polyester insulation for us. From our initial enquiry with Gill who was so helpful and then meeting Tim who explained everything we felt happy to go ahead. The installation went very smoothly with very little inconvenience to us at all. I also purchased a Nobo heater which I am thrilled with and I’m so cosy now. Thank you once again.
Kevin and Belinda
Being an elderly widow I am always wary about having any sort of work carried out at my home but after meeting Tim who was so genuine ad helpful I decided to go ahead. I am thrilled to say that the installers from Low Energy Living were friendly, obliging and took great care I was really impressed. They obviously take pride in their work and when they left you wouldn’t have known they had been. I enjoyed getting that good old fashioned service. Thanks Gill and Tim I would highly recommend your Company to anyone.
Hi Tim I just wanted to say thanks for all help and advice on the insulation you supplied for my home. Being made of polyester it meant I was able to install it myself safely without any protective gear which saved me money. I found the product to be very easy to handle and easy tear and it will pay for itself as well I can now save money on my power bills. Thanks again for the great service.
We chose to use Tontine’s polyester batts because of their safety for installers and residents, Ecospecifier endorsement, and their recycled content was in keeping with the design philosophy of the Hill End Ecohouse. Emma Senior Architect,Sustainability,Riddel Architecture Tontine Insulation is quick and easy to use. We chose it based on its environmental properties and that it was easy to handle. It was exactly what we were looking for on this project. Leo Foreman,Children’s Hospital upgrade We chose to use Acoustisorb as opposed to rockwool or glasswool because it simply met our expectations and performed equally, if not better. Paul Construction Manager,Sound and Audio Engineering School refurbishment
How much money can I save if I install Insulation?
- Can reduce winter heat loss and summer heat gain by 7˚C when correctly installed
- More comfortable year round while reducing energy consumption and saving money
- Reducing your heating and cooling costs by up to 30%
What is your Insulation made from and where is it made?
- Made in Sydney, Australia from a blend of polyester fibres like that used in pillows
- If it’s good enough to sleep on, it’s good enough to use in your home!
Why is Polyester Insulation the Healthiest on the market?
- No known physical or health hazards have been associated with polyester
- No harmful chemicals such as adhesives, solvents, volatile organic compounds and Phenol Formaldehyde which is a human carcinogen
- Will not give off toxic fumes and is odourless
- Non–irritant and non-allergic so it is ideal for asthma and allergy sufferers and is recommended by the Asthma Foundation
- Far safer alternative to Fibre Glass Insulation which contains so many harmful chemicals and carcinogenic substances such as formaldehyde
- Does not shed dangerous fibres like fiberglass so it is recommended for ceilings with recessed down lights that create openings for fibres to drop into your living areas
- Reduces condensation on walls and ceilings which is better for your health
Why is Polyester Insulation the “Greenest” on the market?
- 100% recyclable reducing landfill
- Consists of a minimum of 80% recycled polyester fibres
- State of the art energy efficient production
- No water or ozone-depleting gases are used and no waste is generated in the manufacturing process
- Independent environmental assessments on all our insulation products by Ecospecifier
- Tontine Insulation is Green Tag Gold Plus accredited
- Polymax Insulation is a member of the Green Building Council of Australia
- Helps achieve 6 star energy rating required for new buildings
- Suitable for use in Commercial Green Star projects
Why is your Insulation so Durable and Long Lasting?
- The thermal bonding process used in manufacture of our insulation ensures that the fibres do not break down like some forms of bulk insulation that use chemical binders
- Made of strong polyester fibre so it’s extremely durable and will not pack down, shrink, deteriorate, absorb moisture or attract vermin, which can happen with other insulation
- So our premium insulation if correctly installed can be expected to last the lifetime of the building.
What Thermal Insulation rating and product is right for my needs?
- Measured by R-value which ranges from R 1.5 to R 4.0
- The higher the R- value the more effective the product is at resisting heat flow in and out of buildings
- In most areas of Sydney R 3.5 is recommended
- Batts are supplied in two widths to suit standard housing construction
- This being 430mm widths for 450mm centres and 580mm for 600mm centres.
Why is Polyester Insulation so Safe to Install and how do I install it?
- User friendly being safe to handle and easy to install and no protective gear is required
- Unlike fiberglass insulation which is so hazardous it requires full protective gear
- To gain maximum performance from your insulation it is important that it is installed correctly according to the Insulation Installation Standard AS399
- Polyester thermal insulation can be torn neatly to size across the width of the batt or cut with a serrated knife or shears
- Some high density acoustic products can be easily cut with an angle grinder
- It is important not to compress the insulation or it will not be able to perform to its full rated R- value
- A 50mm gap should be allowed around incandescent lamps and exhaust fans, 100mm around flue pipes and 200mm around recessed halogen down lights
- We will advise you and install down light protection covers if necessary.
Can you tell me about your Installation Service?
We can also offer a professional installation service from our fully trained and experienced installers at very reasonable rates.
How do you clean out the old Insulation from my roof?
In many countries there is a push to ban the use of use of fiberglass insulation because of the risk to human health. If you need your roof professionally cleaned we can arrange to remove your old hazardous fiberglass batts and clean your roof space
What are the Fire Resistant Qualities of your Insulation?
Our insulation is fire resistant and does not promote flame. If you still have a question about polyester insulation or any of our other energy saving products and services just contact our friendly and helpful team at Low Energy Living.